Founded in 2004, One Hope Centre (OHC) is a non-profit social service organisation and a registered Institute of Public Character (IPC) in Singapore. We specialise in helping people affected by gambling or debt-related problems.
OHC offers counselling for individuals and families, support groups and assistance in debt management. All our help services are provided free of charge. We also conduct group therapy, workshops and public seminars on gambling addiction and related issues.
- 1990s: In the early days, a group of pioneers and volunteers came together with a common purpose to serve 3 groups in Geylang – gambling addicts, street women and abused migrant workers.
- 2004: The movement birthed forth One Hope Centre (OHC), which was founded as a Society in 2004
- 2005: The demand for help for problem gamblers grew, and the legalisation of casinos in Singapore drew attention to societal repercussions in the years to come. OHC recognised the need and began to focus on gambling addiction and debt problems.
- 2010: OHC received Charity status.
- 2013: OHC received Institute of Public Character (IPC) status by the Commissioner of Charities (COC) under the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF).
UEN No.: T04SS0143E